Published on: May 31, 2022
Any scientific worker who is active in the field of bioelectromagnetics or allied areas as demonstrated by independent original research, or by other activities which have significantly fostered the development of the field. Full Members can vote and hold office.
Any person who has been a Full Member for at least one calendar year but has become emeritus or retired at his/her own institution. Emeritus Members have all the rights and privileges of a Full Member, except that he/she cannot vote in the General Assembly or hold office.
Any person having an interest in bioelectromagnetics or allied fields but whose professional activities are in another area. Associate Members cannot vote in the General Assembly or hold office.
Any pre-doctoral students at degree-granting institutes having an interest in bioelectromagnetics or allied fields but whose professional activities are in another area. Student membership shall be terminated upon the award of a PhD, ScD, MD or equivalent degree. The Student Member cannot vote in the General Assembly or hold office.
A member of any class who has distinguished him-/herself in the service of the Society, the European Bioelectromagnetics Association or The Bioelectromagnetics Society. All the rights and obligations of a Full Member apply, but they are exempt from the membership fee. Honorary Members are appointed by the General Assembly on proposal of the Board.
How to Apply
For a new membership application or a membership level change request, please be sure to submit an e-mail to email@example.com to provide the following documents: a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and a supporting letter from an advisor (student applications only) in MS Word or Adobe PDF format. For more information about membership in BioEM, please contact the BioEM Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Renewal of membership
- Membership will be renewed each year automatically upon annual payment of dues.
- If member has skipped two years of membership, only payment for the current year is needed to be reinstated.
- If membership dues are not paid for more than two years, there are two options to be reinstated as member:
- Payment for the current year and the year before
- Re-apply for membership by submitting an e-mail to email@example.com to provide a cover letter and a curriculum vitae and payment for the current year.