25th September 2022
BioEM Society intends to support individual mobility of students or early stage researchers (ESR) among the different research groups worldwide. ESR should not be more than 5 years beyond their PhD.
The recipients of the grant will learn new techniques and specific procedures, gain access to specific data, instruments and/or methodologies not available in their own laboratories.
The duration of the STM should be at least 14 days, preferable 1 month. Longer periods are also allowed if the STM grant will be combined with other funding sources.
The period of STM is framed inside the Grant-Period with the following application period:
The total budget is € 10.000 for five total grants of € 2.000 each.
STM Candidates must submit their Application Form and the Supporting Documents to the BioEM Education Committee (email@example.com) for the evaluation. The Application Form will include the STM project with motivation and work-plan (download Application Form).
Supporting Documents are:
The Education Committee will evaluate the applications, and the selection process will be based on the following main criteria:
1) The profile of the Applicant, her/his scientific achievements taking into account her/his carrier stage;
2) The quality, the importance and the clarity of the proposed STM project;
3) The choice of the host laboratory that the candidate must justify;
4) The Institution of the candidate. The number of applicants from each Institution will be considered to assure a fair spread of researchers across the BioEM community;
5) Particular consideration will be given to candidates moving from/to low and middle income countries.
Share this article