16th June 2023
BioEM Society intends to support individual mobility of students or early stage researchers (ESR) among the different research groups worldwide in the low-middle income countries.
ESRs should have completed their PhD no more than five years ago. The recipients of the grant will learn new techniques and specific procedures, gain access to specific data, instruments and/or methodologies not available in their own laboratories.
The call follows the schedule below:
The STMs are framed inside the Grant-Period 15 December 2023 – 14 December 2024.
The duration of the STM should be at least 14 days, preferable 1 month. Longer periods are also allowed if the STM grant will be combined with other funding sources.
The recipients of the grant will receive € 2.500
STM Candidates must submit their Application Form and the Supporting Documents to the BioEM Education Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the evaluation. The Application Form will include the STM project with motivation and work-plan (download Application Form).
Supporting Documents are:
The Education Committee will evaluate the applications, and the selection process will be based on the following main criteria:
1) The profile of the Applicant, her/his scientific achievements taking into account her/his carrier stage;
2) The quality, the importance and the clarity of the proposed STM project;
3) The choice of the host laboratory that the candidate must justify;
4) The Institution of the candidate. The number of applicants from each Institution will be considered to assure a fair spread of researchers across the BioEM community;
5) Particular consideration will be given to candidates moving from/to low and middle income countries.
Share this article